Sunday, October 18, 2009

Luke 25:25-31 A Promise Fulfilled

Psa 91:16  With long life will I satisfy him, and shew [show] him my salvation.


Luk 2:25  And, behold, there was a man in Jerusalem, whose name was Simeon; and the same man was just and devout, waiting for the consolation of Israel: and the Holy Ghost was upon him. 26  And it was revealed unto him by the Holy Ghost, that he should not see death, before he had seen the Lord's Christ. 27  And he came by the Spirit into the temple: and when the parents brought in the child Jesus, to do for him after the custom of the law, 28  Then took he him up in his arms, and blessed God, and said,
Luk 2:29  Lord, now lettest thou thy servant depart in peace, according to thy word: 30  For mine eyes have seen thy salvation, 31  Which thou hast prepared before the face of all people;


The Bible is one book. It was written over more than a thousand years, by many human scribes, but it tells one story.

Psalm 91 speaks of the blessings that accompany one who stays in God's presence, and it ends with the verse above. Once as I was reading the passage in Luke which is cited above, I realized that, especially in verses 29 & 30, I was reading of the fulfillment of the promise in Psalm 91:16. That realization blessed me because I love finding events predicted in the Old Testament which are fulfilled in the New. I hope you are blessed, also.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, and will try to visit you if you leave one.
I hope you have a blessed day!