Friday, April 30, 2021

Jesus' Kingdom. Our Orders.

This world is full of traps, and it seems I avoid one and fall for another; I suppose it is the same for everyone who belongs to Jesus.


I dislike politics. I got caught up during the last campaign and election; but now that all the madness has subsided, I find I still dislike it. Actually, I dislike it even more than I used to, because there is too much fighting and too little love.


Jesus said "My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight,..." (John 18:36a). Yet, we do. We fight among ourselves, we fight with those who are not His, we fight against the authorities in this world which He has placed to rule over us. It is wrong. It is sin. Jesus' kingdom is not of this world. This world is in the kingdom of the prince of the power of the air, who knows his time is short.


Jesus also said, "Behold, I send you forth as sheep in the midst of wolves: be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves." (Matthew 10:16)


I had to look up the Greek translations: "Sheep" refers to walking forward, "wolves" refers to whiteness, "serpents" refers to sharp eyes, and "doves" refers to pigeons.
This is the truth: Jesus' kingdom is not of this world. Our orders from Him are: Don't fight, walk forward knowing the wolf will try to catch you by his whiteness, be aware of what is going on, and follow the Holy Spirit.


Beware of trying to serve God and the Constitution. It cannot be done, because we cannot serve two masters. God, our creator, did not give us the right to liberty. He also did not give us the right to pursue happiness. He gave us the right to choose whom we would serve. Everything depends on that choice
.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, and will try to visit you if you leave one.
I hope you have a blessed day!