Thursday, December 10, 2009

Galatians 5:16-18 Under the Law

Galatians 5:16  This I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh. 17  For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would. 18  But if ye be led of the Spirit, ye are not under the law.

There is a lot of talk about whether Christians are under the law, and what place the law has in a Christian's life. Well, I want to share something from this passage which God just showed me.

In his letters, Paul talks a lot about the law. I won't try to go through all that here, it is a huge study. But in these verses, he concludes by saying if we are led by the Spirit, we are not under the law. This does not mean that Christians are never, ever accountable to God's law. It does mean that IF I, as a Christian, am being led by the Holy Spirit, THEN I am not under the law.
Conversely, if I, as a Christian, am being led by my sinful, fleshly desires, then I AM under the law, and the Holy Spirit uses it to convict me of my sin.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, and will try to visit you if you leave one.
I hope you have a blessed day!