Friday, December 25, 2009

Hebrews 6:18-20 How to Fly

Heb 6:18  That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:
Heb 6:19  Which hope we have as an anchor of the soul, both sure and stedfast, and which entereth into that within the veil;
Heb 6:20  Whither the forerunner is for us entered, even Jesus, made an high priest for ever after the order of Melchisedec. [my emphasis]

Another blogger, in her Christmas post, quoted a poem. One line caught my imagination. It said, in essence, that a kite flies because someone is tightly holding the other end of the string. I immediately thought of Jesus, and the hope I have in Him being the anchor of my soul. Jesus is holding my string, anchoring me to God. I can fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I appreciate your comments, and will try to visit you if you leave one.
I hope you have a blessed day!